vendredi 27 février 2015

To the court of jutice in Quebec a Muslim woman does not want to take off her hijab

To the courts of justice in Quebec a Muslim woman does take off her hijab
The February 27, 2015
A Quebec judge has told a Muslim she did not intend to proceed with the case, as it would not remove his hijab,CBC has learned.


In the process of audio recording, obtained by the corporation, you can hear the Eliana Marengo judge Montreal courthouse tell Rania El-Alloul that the courtroom is "a secular place "and that she is not dressed
appropriately."The same rules should apply to everyone.So I will not hear you if you wear a headscarf,as I would not have allowed a person to appear before me by wearing a hat or sunglasses on his head, or any other clothing that is appropriate not a judicial process.
"Ms.El-Alloul then says she can remove her headscarf because she wears a long time. The judge replied that it is the rules of the Court of Quebec.
"How can I defend myself then? Ms. El-Alloul request. "You can ask for a postponement and you can consult a lawyer," replied the judge
I'm on welfare, I separated, I live with three boys [...] I can not afford a lawyer. I can not pay any penalty whatsoever for my son, "then tries to explain the woman. The judge replied that the question is not there and report the case to a later date.
According to Article 13 of the rules of the Court of Québec, "any person who appears before the court must be suitably dressed,"without specifying what which is suitable or not.


Ms. El-Alloul was in court to recover hisvehicle,which had been seized by the Company auto insurance in Quebec. The car had been seized by police because her son was behind the wheel, while his license was suspended.
In an interview with the CBC, Ms. El-Alloul stated that it felt more Canadian. "When I swore before God to be a good Canadian citizen, I wore my hijab and I shook the judge's hand on the day I became a Canadian. I was very, very happy. But what happened in court makes me feel fear. I feel that I am not a Canadian.
"You can go to your country of origin and social welfare.
Bonvoyage
http://www.journaldemontreal.com/2015/02/26/une-juge-quebecoise-demande-a-une-musulmane-denlever-son-hijab-pour-etre-entendue-en-cour


Aucun commentaire:

Publier un commentaire